Product Review Submission Terms & Conditions
Product Review Rules
Each and every review is manually reviewed prior to posting by TackleDirect, which is why there may be a delay between the time a review is submitted and when it is actually live on the website. This may take upwards of 24 hours and is to ensure that product reviews are relevant for other anglers and customers. Each review must meet the following criteria and guidelines:
- Inappropriate language of any kind will not be tolerated, and anything that is remotely offensive will be deleted immediately.
- Multiple product reviews per product will not be accepted. For instance, reviewing different colors or sizes of a lure will result in only 1 of the reviews being accepted. Spamming product reviews may result in the account being suspended.
- Please keep in mind that these reviews are intended to help fellow anglers make decisions on products they may not be necessarily familiar with, the more accurate information provided the better.
- Reviews lacking relevant information will not be accepted. Reviews should show that the item has been used and should include why the item is satisfactory or not.
- Unacceptable Review: "This reel is the best/worst on the market."
- Acceptable Review: "This reel is the best spinning reel on the market. It is extremely smooth, has plenty of stopping power, casts well, and has held up over the last few seasons without issue."
- Acceptable Review: "This reel is the worst spinning reel on the market. It is not as smooth as some of the other similarly priced spinning reels, a suspect drag, does not cast well, and has not held up as expected so far."
- All reviews are read and moderated to abide by our guidelines. We will reject reviews that include obscenities, discriminatory language, spam content, or critical comments about other reviews or reviewers. Please stay focused on your personal experience with the product or service. Your review will also be rejected if it includes personal contact information or non-TackleDirect URLs.
- All product reviews and their information becomes the sole property of TackleDirect, and can be used at TackleDirect's discretion. TackleDirect also reserves the right to delete and deduct rewards points as appropriate for any of the reasons listed above.
When posting a picture, please consider the following guidelines:
- File must be in JPG format with a maximum file size of 2MB
- Be sure that your picture does not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, photographs, pictures, phrases, or trademarks (other than those of TackleDirect) or other content or materials that you do not own, or for which you have not secured all necessary rights
- Be sure you are the only person in the picture or that you have obtained all necessary permissions from any other individuals in the picture
- Do not submit any picture unless you have taken the picture yourself or have obtained the necessary rights from the person who took the picture
By submitting any content to TackleDirect, you represent and warrant that:
- You are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
- All "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- All content that you post is accurate;
- You are at least 18 years old; and
- Use of the content you supply does not violate these Terms and Conditions and will not cause injury to any person or entity.
You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
- That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- That infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- That violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- That is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- For which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- That includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; or
- That contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.